Jan 10, 2019
• Social Media: Twitter
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College men's basketball team (4-11, 2-1 CSAC) travels to Cairn (8-6, 3-0 CSAC) to on the top team in the Colonial States Athletic Conference (CSAC) on Saturday, Jan. 12 at 3 p.m.
- Rahim Washington scored a season-high 30 points in the Lions' most recent outing, an 86-56 loss to Rosemont on Jan. 8. It was the second 30+-point game in his career. Washington, eighth in the CSAC in scoring with 14.9 points per game, is now 80 points away from becoming the third player in Bryn Athyn history to score 1,000 career points.
- The Lions had their best free-throw shooting effort against the Ravens, making a season-high 78.3 percent (18-of-23) of their attempts. The 18 made free throws are the third-most in a game this season. Bryn Athyn is second in the CSAC in free throw percentage at 65.1 percent. The Lions had made a CSAC-high 205 and attempted 315, the second-most in the CSAC.
- Against Rosemont, Larry Stevenson III was held without a 3-point basketball for just the seventh time in 40 career games at Bryn Athyn. In two of those seven instances, Stevenson III did not attempt a 3-pointer. Bryn Athyn is 1-6 when he doesn't make a 3-pointer. He is ranked second in the CSAC with 2.3 made threes per game and ninth with a 43.8 field goal shooting percentage.
- Cairn is the highest scoring team in the CSAC, averaging 81.6 points per game. The Highlanders are also second in scoring defense as they allow 80.1 points per game. Cairn—who has scored over 90 points three times—is the only team in the league with a positive scoring margin (+1.6)
- Saturday is the second meeting between the Lions and the Highlanders, the first at Cairn. In the only other meeting, Bryn Athyn defeated Cairn on Jan. 27, 2014 in Asplundh Field House by a 69-55 score.