BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College men's basketball team (6-17, 3-7 CSAC) goes on the road of the last time this season to take on Centenary (N.J.) (10-12, 5-4 CSAC) in a Colonial States Athletic Conference (CSAC) game Saturday afternoon.
1. Bryn Athyn is 1-12 in games played away from Asplundh Field House this season. The Lions are averaging 69.5 points per game in those 13 contests while shooting 39.9 percent from the field and 31.5 percent from 3-point range. Bryn Athyn's road win came on Jan. 24 at Clarks Summit.
2. Anthony Burr turned in Bryn Athyn's best 3-point shooting performance in school history as the freshman made a school record nine 3-pointers in the Lions last game, a 97-77 loss to Wilson. Burr, who finished with 27 points against the Phoenix, made his first seven 3-point attempts and wound up shooting 9-of-12 from behind the arc. The previous record was seven.
3. Rahim Washington passed Deion Boyer (1,036 career points) for second place on the Bryn Athyn College men's basketball all-time scoring list after his 18-point performance gave the senior 1.057 career points. He is now 22 points away from eclipsing the program record of 1,078 points held by Troy Steed.
4. Bryn Athyn set a program record with 11 blocked shots Wednesday night against the Phoenix. Kiaeem Comegys swatted six shots, while Gabe Michnya added three blocks. The Lions lead the CSAC with 72 blocked shots. Comegys has 27 blocked shots, first in the league, while Michnya has 17, fourth in the league.
5. Centenary won the first-ever meeting between the teams 95-69 on Jan. 16 in Asplundh Field House.