Jan 10, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College men's ice hockey team (4-12-0) returns to Massachusetts for a weekend series against Curry College (7-5-2) at the Max Ulin Memorial Rink on Jan. 12-13.
- Devon Becker is ranked 20th in Division III for points by a freshman 22nd for points by a defenseman with 0.87 per game (13 points in 15 games). In three of the Lions' four victories, Becker has recorded at least one point.
- The Lions are the best team in Division III at drawing penalties this season, having earned a D-III high 100 power plays. Bryn Athyn has converted 12 of those power plays, which is 71st in Division III. Alec Grollman has a team-high three power-play goals.
- Bryn Athyn has outshot its opponents in six of the last nine games, including four of the last five. The Lions have put at least 35 shots on goals in seven contests this season.
- The Lions are 3-0-0 when scoring four or more goals in a game this season. Bryn Athyn's lone victory when scoring fewer than four goals came on Nov. 2, 2018 when the Lions knocked off Southern New Hampshire 3-2 in overtime.
- Last season, the Lions and Colonels met for the first time with Curry sweeping the weekend series by scores of 3-2 and 6-1 on Jan. 5-6, 2018.