Mar 14, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College men's lacrosse team wraps up its four-game homestand to open the 2019 season on Saturday morning at the University of New England.
- After struggling at the faceoff X against Gwynedd Mercy, Bryn Athyn has won 62.5 percent (25-of-40) of their faceoffs in its last two matches, including a season-best 64.7 percent (11-of-17) in the last match against FDU-Florham. Shane McCurdy is sitting seventh in the Colonial States Athletic Conference (CSAC) with a 57.7 faceoff-win percentage (15-of-26). McCurdy was 6-of-8 at the X against the Devils.
- Bryn Athyn has played its best lacrosse in the fourth quarter through three games, posting a goal differential of +5. In the last two matches, the Lions outscored their opponents 10-1 during the final 15 minutes of action. Five of James Vandegrift's eight goals were scored in the fourth quarter.
- The Lions have the third-best shooting percentage in the CSAC, scoring on 28.4 percent of their shot attempts (27 goals on 95 shots). Jimmy Koniecki leads the team in shooting percentage at 47.4 percent (9 goals on 19 shots) and James Vandegrift is second at 30.8 percent (8 goals on 26 shots). Vandegrift is eighth in the conference with 8.67 shot attempts per game.
- Cameron Leech tops the CSAC with 4.00 assists per game (12 assists in 3 matches) and is second with 5.33 points per game (16 points in 3 matches). Leech tallied at least two assists in each of the last 13 matches and 18 of his 19 career matches at Bryn Athyn. He has at least five points in 16 career matches with the Lions.
- This is the first time that the Lions and Nor'Easters have met since their first-ever meeting March 18, 2017—a 15-8 win by the University of New England on General Nelson Field. Brad DePasquale, James Vandegrift, and Shane McCurdy all played in that game.