Apr 04, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – Bryn Athyn begins the month of April with a Colonial States Athletic Conference (CSAC) clash at Kean University Saturday afternoon.
- April has been a very kind month to the Lions under head coach Tucker Durkin. In the last three seasons, Bryn Athyn is 17-6 with Durkin at the helm in April. The Lions were 6-1, winning their final six games, in April during the 2018 season.
- The Lions are playing the last of four consecutive road games. Bryn Athyn has averaged 7.67 goals and allowed 10.00 goals in the first three games of the string. The Lions converted 33.3 percent (2-of-6) of their man-up opportunities.
- Bryn Athyn's defense has been a key to the two victories this season. The Lions are allowing just 5.00 goals per game in the two wins compared to 16.40 goals per game in the five defeats. Bryn Athyn is 27-2, including 11 straight wins, under Durkin when holding the opposition to fewer than 10 goals in a game. The Lions are ranked fifth in the CSAC with a 13.14 goals against average.
- James Vandegrift, Jimmy Koniecki, and Cameron Leech have all recorded at least one point in every game this season. Vandegrift is also the only Lion to score in all seven games. Vandegrift is sitting fifth in the league in goals per game (2.57) and 10th in points per game (3.29). Leech ranks third in assists per game (2.71) and points per game (4.86). Koniecki is adding 2.43 points per game.
- The Lions are facing the Cougars for the first time in program history.