Apr 08, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College men's lacrosse team looks to get back on track when the Lions host Keystone College in a Colonial States Athletic Conference (CSAC) match Tuesday afternoon.
- After a tough non-conference slate, the Lions are finding their stride in CSAC play. In the first two conference games, Bryn Athyn is averaging 9.50 goals per game and allowing just 5.50 goals per contest. The 5.50 goals allowed is the second-best in conference play in the CSAC. In non-conference play, the Lions scored 8.17 goals and surrendered 14.67 goals.
- Goalie Brad DePasquale set the Bryn Athyn record for saves in a game with 26 in the Lions' most recent game, a 7-6 loss to Kean. DePasquale broke the Bryn Athyn record of 24 saves set by Robert Moran on April 24, 2014, a 20-4 loss to Immaculata. It was the fourth game in Lion history in which a Bryn Athyn goalie has made at least 20 saves in a game, the second of the season for DePasquale. The 26 saves are the second-most by a CSAC goalie this season. DePasquale is fourth in the league in saves per game (12.75) and save percentage (.537).
- James Vandegrift extended his goal streak to 16 games with a pair of goals against Kean. Vandegrift has scored in 18 of his 21 career games. He is the only Lion to score in all eight goals this season. Vandegrift is fifth in the CSAC with 2.50 goals per game.
- Bryn Athyn is still the best clearing team in the CSAC, posting an 82.5 clear percentage (132-160). Against Kean, the Lions were successful on 24 of their 26 clear attempts for a 92.3 percentage—trailing only their 16-of-17 (94.1 percent) against FDU Florham.
- Tuesday is the first-ever meeting between Bryn Athyn and Keystone.