Mar 13, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College women's lacrosse team opens their 2019 campaign with a home contest against SUNY Maritime on Friday afternoon.
- Bryn Athyn returns 10 players from the 2018 team that went 9-4 overall and reached the semifinal of the North Eastern Athletic Conference Tournament. Bri Lennox was selected as the NEAC Rookie of the Year and to the first team after posting 59 goals and 70 draw controls. Sarah Reed earned a place on the All-NEAC second team with 41 ground ball and 25 caused turnovers.
- The Lions are 3-2 all-time in season-opening contests, including wins in their last three season openers. Maritime is the third different opponent that will open up a season against. In the first two years, Bryn Athyn started its season at Gwynedd Mercy. Mount Saint Vincent came to General Nelson Field in each of the last three seasons.
- Bryn Athyn has an 18-14 record on General Ronald K. Nelson Field. Last season, Bryn Athyn posted a program-best 6-2 home record. The Lions will play seven of their 12 matches at home this season.
- SUNY Maritime is 2-1 so far this season with victories over Maine Maritime and Massachusetts Maritime and a loss to Manhattanville. Krista Deleva leads the Privateers with 13 goals and 19 points. Catherine Pfundstein is adding 11 goals, including both game-winning goals.
- This will be the first-ever meeting between Bryn Athyn and SUNY Maritime.