Mar 15, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College women's lacrosse team concludes its opening weekend of the season with its last non-conference game of 2019 against Sweet Briar on Sunday afternoon on General Ronald K. Nelson Field.
- Bryn Athyn is 8-4 in non-conference play, 7-3 at home, under fifth-year head Denise Roessler. The loss to SUNY Maritime on Friday snapped the Lions' six-game winning streak against non-conference competition. The Sweet Briar game will be Bryn Athyn's eighth consecutive non-conference game to take place on General Ronald K. Nelson Field.
- Bri Lennox was a perfect 5-for-5 on free-position shots against the Privateers. She tied her own program record for the most free-position games in a game, which she originally set went she went 5-for-6 against Wells on May 1, 2018. Lennox is fourth in the Colonial States Athletic Conference with five goals.
- Even though the Lions have only played one game, they are second in the CSAC with 26 ground balls. Sarah Reed and Tina Tu are tied for fourth in the conference with five ground balls each, while Payton Gormley is sixth with four ground balls.
- Last season, the Lions bounced back extremely well from a loss, going 3-0 in the next contest following a defeat. Bryn Athyn won the next game after a loss by an average of 11.33 goals.
- This will be the first-ever meeting between Bryn Athyn and Sweet Briar.