Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Lions tripped up by late SUNY Canton rally

Lions tripped up by late SUNY Canton rally

BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College stormed out to a 3-0 lead early in the third period, but SUNY Canton came back to score five times in the final 13 minutes to hand the Lions a 5-3 setback Saturday afternoon in Junge Pavilion.

Bryn Athyn (4-16-0) got out to its three-goal advantage by scoring a power-play goal in each period.

Tanner Schroeder needed just 2:39 to record his sixth goal of the season on the Lions' first man advantage of the contest. Jimmy Pollock and Devon Becker each assisted on the game's opening goal. The score remained 1-0 until Zach Pamaylaon found the back of the net for the first time this season with 2:28 left in the second period to double the lead with assists from Alec Grollman and Becker.

Tanner Congdon increased the lead to 3-0 at 1:49 into the third with his team-leading seventh goal of 2018-19. Becker recorded his third assist on the contest of the goal.

Then, SUNY Canton (10-8-2) would score on all five shots the Kangaroos would take in the period to steal the win. Like Bryn Athyn, Canton would get its scoring started with three straight power play goals.

Jake Mayette started the rally with a backhand shot that went over the blocker of McKenzie Chalmers at the 7:08 mark of the final period. With the Kangaroos playing up 5-on-3, Max Routledger and Sean David would score 22 seconds apart to level the score at three at 9:22.

Zach Pease broke the deadlock at the 14:34 mark with an even-strength goal assisted by Reilly McIntosh and Tyson Bruce. Tyler Bullard tacked on an insurance goal with 3:11 left to play.

Chalmers finished the game with 15 saves, while the Kangaroos' Michael Cerasuolo stopped 27 shots.

Bryn Athyn went 3-for-6 on the man advantage and SUNY Canton was 3-for-5.

Bryn Athyn has a week off before hosting Wilkes on Saturday, Feb. 2 at 7 p.m. in Junge Pavilion.

Lions upended at Wilkes 4-2
December 19, 2018 Lions upended at Wilkes 4-2