Posted: Feb 14, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College men's ice hockey team closes out the 2018-19 season this weekend with a two-game series against visiting Stonehill College.
- The Lions snapped their 10-game losing streak with a 3-2 victory at Lebanon Valley College on February 8. It was the first time this season that Bryn Athyn has won a game when scoring fewer than four goals.
- Bryn Athyn has a 2-5 record in home games, 2-2 in the Revolution Ice Gardens and 0-3 in Junge Pavilion. The Lions' offense has been better at home as Bryn Athyn has posted 2.71 goals per game and is 20.4 percent on the power play. For the season, Bryn Athyn is averaging 2.41 goals and just 14.1 percent when on the man advantage. The Lions have 10 power play goals at home and 9 away from home.
- Devon Becker scored in the victory over the Dutchmen, giving Becker his third three-game point streak of the season. Becker, the team leader with 18 points and 14 assists, in 17th in Division III for points per game by a defenseman (0.86), 20th for points per game by a freshman, and 23rd for points by a defenseman.
- The Lions are facing their third Division II opponent of the season. Bryn Athyn split a series with Southern New Hampshire in the Revolution Ice Gardens and defeated Post in the Skidmore Thanksgiving Invitational. The Lions are 4-3-0 in games against D-II opposition.
- This weekend will make the second and third meetings between the Lions and Skyhawks. Last season the teams met up at the Becker College in the consolation game of the Steve Hoar Memorial Invitational on Nov. 26, 2017 with Stonehill picking up a 4-1 win.