Posted: Mar 07, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College men's lacrosse team returns to action after a nine-day layoff to host Immaculata in a non-conference match on Saturday, March 9.
- The nine-day break in between the season opener against Gwynedd Mercy on Feb. 27 and this game is tied for the longest in-season break between games in program history. The Lions had nine days from March 9 until it faced Moravian on March 19, 2016. Bryn Athyn would win that game by a 12-4 score.
- Even though Bryn Athyn has played only one game, Cameron Leech is still holding strong in fourth in the Colonial States Athletic Conference (CSAC) with six assists. The three players ahead of Leech have all played at least three games. Leech is the CSAC leader with 6.00 assists per game.
- Jimmy Koniecki tied the program record for goals in a collegiate debut with four against Gwynedd Mercy. Dana Ayers (2013), Kieran Ragan (2014), and Connor Buick (2015) also netted four goals in their first collegiate contest. Koniecki is sitting ninth in the CSAC with those four goals.
- The Lions will look to avoid dropping back-to-back home matches for the second time under fourth-year head coach Tucker Durkin. The only time Bryn Athyn dropped two straight home games with Durkin at the helm came last season when the Lions were defeated by Susquehanna (March 20) and King's (PA) (March 24).
- Bryn Athyn leads the all-time series with Immaculata, 3-2. The Lions have defeated the Mighty Macs in each of the last two meetings, including a 14-5 triumph on March 10, 2018 last season. Bryn Athyn is 3-0 against Immaculata on General Nelson Field.