Posted: Mar 10, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Bryn Athyn College men's lacrosse team doesn't have a lot of time to enjoy its first win of the 2019 season as the Lions return to game action on Monday afternoon against visiting FDU-Florham.
- This is the first time since the 2016 season that the Lions will have only one day in between games. This occurred twice in 2016 and the Lions were victorious in both games coming off one day of rest. Bryn Athyn is 4-4 all-time in one-day off scenarios, winning each of the last four games.
- Jimmy Koniecki backed up his four-goal collegiate debut against Gwynedd Mercy with another four goals in Saturday's win over Immaculata. The eight goals in the first two games are the most by a Lion in program history. Andrew Coyle and Connor Buick shared the previous record for most goals in the first two games of a season with seven each in 2015. Koniecki is second in the Colonial States Athletic Conference (CSAC) in goals per game (4.00).
- Bryn Athyn's defense caused 12 turnovers against Immaculata. When Bryn Athyn causes at least 10 turnovers under head coach Tucker Durkin, the Lions are 10-2. Tyree Sewell is fourth in the CSAC with 2.50 caused turnovers per game, while Matt Traber is fifth with 2.00.
- The Lions haven't led at halftime in either of the first two games of the season. This is in part due to Bryn Athyn's -6 goal differential (-4 against Gwynedd Mercy, -2 against Immaculata) during the second 15 minutes of play.
- Bryn Athyn is playing FDU-Florham for the first time in program history.