Posted: Mar 21, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. -- The Bryn Athyn College men's lacrosse team will have its final tune-up before starting Colonial States Athletic Conference (CSAC) play on Saturday night at sixth-ranked York (Pa.) College.
- This is will be the first time in the program's history that the Lions are facing a ranked opponent.
- Cameron Leech is facing his former team for the first time. Leech played for York College during his freshman and sophomore seasons and accrued 69 assists and 27 goals in 41 matches. He was a United States Intercollegiate Association All-America honorable mention and All-Capital Atlantic Conference second team player as a sophomore. In his 21 matches for the Lions, Leech has 124 points.
- Bryn Athyn has been very good at clearing the ball through five matches, leading the CSAC with an 86.7 percent rate (78-of-90). In the last two games, the Lions were 16-of-19 on clear attempts. The Lions best game in terms of clearing came against FDU-Florham when Bryn Athyn cleared at a 91.4 percent clip (16-of-17).
- The Lions have committed the fewest turnovers by a team in the CSAC with 18.2 turnovers per game. Bryn Athyn is averaging 16.7 turnovers in its last three games. The Lions committed a season-high 25 turnovers against Immaculata—a game which the Lions won 15-6.
- Bryn Athyn is squaring off against York for the first time in program history.